Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Easter - my new beginning


I finally decided to penning down some more thoughts and what better reason than EASTER??

Easter is our little dog who we are dog-sitting for our friends. She has been with us for over a month and it's been a wonderful time. Initially I was more enamoured to have a dog and a big one at that, so all my wishes were for golden retrievers and such!
When she walked into our house and our hearts, it was a different feeling. She sniffed each room and took her leisurely walk to make sure she liked the place. She gave a hint of satisfaction when she came and sat near my feet, under the dining table where we were enjoying our meal.


Over the weeks, she was bathed, hair-dryed, brushed, taken for long walks, and well - fed.

I was so impressed when she started eating grapes with me - so occasionally we have had watermelon n grape feasts. Just the two of us.

One day when I got home from school, I noticed she had some infection in her eye. So off to the vet we went and she was prescribed anti-biotics as well as eye-drops and ointment for her eyes. She nearly had to wear the cone, but then she's so well behaved.

I love her to pieces and it's going to be hard to let her go. Then again, if you love something set it free, if it comes back to you it's yours otherwise it never was!

Easter you will always stay in my heart.

No comments: